By 2015, the world is expected to have an urban population of nearly 4 billion – a sizeable challenge for urban water management. Infrastructure networks are expanding as we speak. Moreover, the impacts of climate change are inescapably dramatic in densely populated urban areas. Consequently, it has become crucial to manage water environments efficiently within cities – today and in the future. With our generalised and customised Integrated Urban Water Management solutions and software, we make this possible for you.
- Meeting the increased demand for drinking water
- Alleviating the greater threats to water quality
- Increasing efficiency and reliability in water distribution
- Reducing waste of energy and resources in treatment plant operations
- Improving storm water and wastewater networks
- Coping with higher flooding risks and greater adverse effects
- Adapting to the impacts of climate change on urban waters
At DHI, we adopt a holistic approach to urban water management. Our solutions are tailor-made to our clients’ specific requirements. At the same time, we work at building our clients’ capacities to handle water-related urban issues. We empower them not only with solutions, but also with the requisite training to be able to manage their unique problems independently and sustainably.
Our solutions combine state-of-the art technology and time-tested methodologies to ensure that our clients’ specific requirements and challenges are met (forecasting and monitoring services and MIKE Powered by DHI software). Our solutions focus on planning, design and operation of urban infrastructure, to manage city water better.
THE ULTIMATE GOAL
ENHANCED SUSTAINABILITY, INCREASED SAFETY AND REDUCED COSTS