1. Data controller and contact information
This website is operated and owned by:
Agern Alle 5
CVR no: 36466871
+45 4516 9200
2. Collection of personal data
You will always be informed in connection with collection of personal data about you. The personal data collected by us may include, for instance, your name, your email address, IP address and similar identification data, including information about your navigation on the website.
In connection with the submission of your data it will always be stated whether the submission is voluntary or necessary for completing the desired action.
Your personal data is collected in one or several of the below cases:
- When you sign up for DHI newsletter. The legal basis for such processing is the GDPR art. 6(1)(a).
- When you use DHI’s websites. The legal basis for such processing is the GDPR art. 6(1)(f). The legitimate interest under (f) is for us to improve our websites and to understand how our users use the websites.
- When you download our software or applications. The legal basis for such processing is the GDPR art. 6(1)(b).
- When you sign up for an event. The legal basis for such processing is the GDPR art. 6(1)(b).
- When you sign up for an online or physical training course. The legal basis for such processing is the GDPR art. 6(1)(b).
- When you download our eBooks. The legal basis for such processing is the GDPR art. 6(1)(b).
- When you create an account at DHI webshops. The legal basis for such processing is the GDPR art. 6(1)(b).
- When you buy products or services at our webshops. The legal basis for such processing is the GDPR art. 6(1)(b).
- When you contact us. The legal basis for such processing is the GDPR art. 6(1)(b) and/or (f). The legitimate interest under (f) is for us to be able to respond to your inquiry.
If you use your email address in more than one of the above cases, your personal data will only be collected and registered in one place. This way your information is already stored when you interact with us, and you will not receive the same marketing material from DHI more than once.
3. Use of personal data
We will use personal information only in ways that are compatible with the purposes for which it was collected or subsequently authorised by you. DHI will take reasonable steps to ensure that personal information is relevant to its intended use, accurate, complete, and current.
Please note, that we will only use your personal data to send marketing material if you have given your explicit consent, unless legislation allows us to contact you without your prior consent.
DHI keeps statistics about which areas of the site our users visit. This information is used to improve the website. We do use data about how our users navigate, to better understand how our users use our websites and from that we try to improve the user experience. Furthermore, we collect information about what our users, as a unit, prefer. This information is also used to improve the website. We do not sell or otherwise disclose information about how our users navigate and use our website.
4. Sharing of personal data
We do not transfer your personal data to any third parties, except for what is described in this section, without your consent.
Your personal data may be disclosed to partners of DHI (providers who deliver services on behalf of DHI), for example IT service providers, and in relation to sending out newsletters. These partners only process the personal data on behalf of DHI and in accordance with DHI’s instructions. Furthermore, your personal data may be shared with business partners, e.g. freight companies, for the delivery of goods you buy in our webshop.
Your personal data may also be shared within the DHI group with all DHI affiliated companies. A list of all affiliated companies may be found on the following link: https://www.dhigroup.com/privacy/sharing-of-personal-data#companies
Under specific circumstances and with reference to legislation, it might be necessary to transfer information to public authorities or the police. For example, information may be disclosed to the police in case of suspicion of credit card fraud.
In the case of a re-organization, full or partial sale of the company, any disclosure in such connection will be in accordance with current legislation for the processing of personal data.
If your personal data are transferred to data controllers or data processors, which are located in countries outside the EU/EEA not ensuring an adequate level of data protection, such transfers will be adequately safeguarded by DHI, e.g. via the EU Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses. Please contact us if you wish further information.
5. Deletion of personal data
We will delete your personal data when we no longer need to process them in relation to one or more of the purposes set out above. However, the data may be processed and stored for a longer period in anonymized form.
We take appropriate measures to ensure that we process and store your personal data based on:
- as a minimum for the time period in which we deliver a service to you,
- in accordance with law, contract, or our legal obligations,
- or as long as the data are necessary in order for the purposes for which they are collected, or longer if it is required by contract, applicable law, or for statistical purposes governed by appropriate security measures.
We have implemented security measures to ensure that our internal procedures meet our high security policy standards. For example, we use encryption. Further, we strive to ensure the ongoing confidentiality, integrity, availability and resilience when processing your personal data. In the event of physical or technical incidents, we make every effort to restore the availability and access to your personal data in a timely manner. We also have processes for assessing and evaluating the effectiveness in order to ensure that the security level is sufficient.
8. Your rights
You are at any time entitled to be informed of the personal data about you that we process, but with certain legislative exceptions. You also have the right to object to the collection and further processing of your personal data including profiling/automated decision-making. Furthermore, you have the right to have your personal data rectified, erased or blocked according to the rules. Moreover, you have the right to receive information about you that you have provided to us, and the right to have this information transmitted to another data controller (data portability).
9. Withdrawal of consent
You may, at any time, withdraw any consent you have given and we will delete your personal data, unless we can continue the processing based on another purpose. If you wish to withdraw your consent, please contact us at email@example.com or +45 4516 9200.
10. Links to other websites etc.
Our website may contain links to other websites or to integrated sites. We are not responsible for the contents of the websites of other companies or for the practices of such companies regarding the collection of personal data. When you visit other websites, you should read the owners' policies on the protection of personal data and other relevant policies.
12. Amendment of data etc.
If you want us to update, amend or delete the personal data that we have recorded about you, or if you wish to get access to the data being processed about you, or if you have any questions concerning the above guidelines, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or +45 4516 9200. You may also write to us at the following address:
DHI, Agern Allé 5, 2970 Hørsholm, Denmark
If you wish to appeal against the processing of your personal data, please contact us by email, telephone or letter as indicated above. You may also contact the Data Protection Agency, Borgergade 28, 5., 1300 Copenhagen K, Denmark.