Sustainability is a central part of DHI’s purpose
In everything we do, we strive to make a positive contribution to the sustainable development of our planet.
Sustainability is at the core of DHI. We are committed to supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals through our work with organisations all over the world. Making a positive impact on the planet together with our clients and partners is what motivates us to take on global water challenges. From developing offshore wind farms, to safeguarding cities from flooding, protecting shorelines from erosion and enriching biodiversity in water basins.
DHI has been a signatory member of the United Nations' Global Compact and its 10 principles since 2013. We have set ambitious targets of reducing carbon emissions from our own operations, and we make a positive impact on our planet together with our clients and partners, driving projects supporting water environments across the world.
DHI’s ambition is to support the realisation of the UN SDGs. Our focus is on five SDGs that reflect the areas in which we make the largest impact together with our clients and partners:
- SDG 6: Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all
- SDG 7: Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all
- SDG 9: Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation
- SDG 13: Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts
- SDG 14: Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development