DHI releases Sustainability Impact Report 2021
DHI has published its Sustainability Impact Report 2021, affirming the commitment to increase transparency in contributing to sustainable development. The report details new initiatives including DHI’s sustainability framework and ambition, and introduces how DHI works with sustainability both internally and externally.
Ambitions for 2025
The company has announced several ambitions for 2025. Here are the highlights:
1. Enabling sustainable development
- By mapping how its products and services contribute to the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs)
- By implementing sustainability as a key driver in technology and innovation
- By Innovating and connecting to develop new ways to support clients’ sustainability agendas
2. Minimising environmental footprint
- To be a net-zero company by 2025, aiming for zero carbon emissions from energy consumption (for scope 1 & 2)
- To measure and reduce water footprint in line with SDG targets
3. People, diversity and inclusion
- Stimulate employee learning and engagement
- Percentage of women in leadership corresponds to women in the company
- Zero work-related injuries and zero discrimination or harassment grievances
4. Operational excellence
- Increase ability to invest in innovation
- Zero reports of cyber security breaches
Mette Vestergaard , DHI’s CEO, says, 'The nature of our work at DHI means we have always been advocates for the protection of water. We want to push this further and address these global challenges head-on with concrete action – not only to meet the needs of our clients and the expectations of our own people, but as a duty to our planet.’
‘The sustainability assessment leading to this report has allowed us to centre on key areas and develop our framework. Together, we identified our sustainability ambition, the backbone of what drives us as a company to act and operate responsibly. DHI’s sustainability ambition is to be a net-zero company by 2025. This means that we are aiming for zero carbon emissions from our consumption of energy. Our ambition will also help us support our clients and partners to achieve their own sustainability agendas.’
DHI’s Sustainability Impact Report 2021 has been prepared in accordance with the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Sustainability Reporting Standards. As a signatory to the United Nations Global Compact (UNGC), this report forms part of the company’s annual communication on implementing the ten principles of the UNGC and supporting broader UN goals.
How can we help?
With our global network of offices, we make sure you get the right answers to your local needs. Tell us about your water challenges and we will get back to you.