At this one-day course you will become familiar with the requirements in the European Union (EU) for authorisation under the Biocidal Products Regulation (BPR). You will learn to distinguish between the different routes for approval and you will learn how to make a complete application for authorisation of a biocidal product.
In addition, we will explore the biocidal product families, treated articles as well as data requirements and software tools. According to the course participants’ wishes, we can focus on specific main groups or issues.
Biocidal products are commercial products with the aim to kill or inhibit harmful organisms. Biocidal products cover a wide range of uses, including disinfectants (hand and surfaces); preservatives (wood, in-can); rodenticides and insecticides as well as antifouling paint, embalming fluids etc.
- Requirements and timeline for authorisation on the European market
- Different procedures for authorisation (Union authorisation, national authorisation, mutual recognition, simplified authorisation and identical products)
- Biocidal product families
- Treated articles
- Data and documentation requirements
- The use of the software tools R4BP 3 (Register for Biocidal Products), IUCLID 6 and SPC Editor
- The latest developments in the BPR, nationally and in the EU
Via cases you will learn what must be included in an application for authorisation. You will also learn how to organise the approval procedure for a biocidal product. Finally, you will get practical knowledge of the pros and cons of the different routes for application.
TARGET GROUP AND PREREQUISITES
The course is aimed at staff in companies producing, importing or marketing biocides and biocidal products as well as companies whose production depends on products containing biocides.