DHI Turkey successfully conducts MIKE FLOOD training course
The course, entitled ‘MIKE FLOOD – 1D and 2D Integrated River Flood Modelling’ took place 19-20 February 2015 at the Middle East Technical University (METU) Technopark in Ankara, Turkey.
During the first THE ACADEMY by DHI course held in Turkey, 15 participants were introduced to the various features of our MIKE Powered by DHI’s MIKE FLOOD software, which is commonly used for flood risk and flood hazard mapping in Turkey. Participants from consultancy companies, universities, and academia learned more about integrated one-dimensional (1D) and two-dimensional (2D) river flood modelling using flexible mesh.
The course included:
- an introduction to 1D river and channel modelling with MIKE 11
- the opportunity to prepare MIKE 11 models for coupling with MIKE 21
- an introduction to 2D overland flow modelling with MIKE 21
- an explanation of 1D-2D linkage options
- hands-on exercises
- information about a solution provided to Turkey’s State Hydraulic Works (Devlet Su İşleri, also known as DSI) for a flood mapping project
‘It is very encouraging to receive such high interest in our course on the use of MIKE FLOOD’, said Serdar Sürer, Managing Director of DHI Turkey. ‘We will keep doing our best to meet the expectations of our partners and clients with more training courses on flood modelling in the future’.