Discussing climate resilient cities at the Green Partnerships for Growth Conference 2014
Our Acting Managing Director of DHI United States, Jesper Kjelds, is participating in a panel discussion as part of this year’s Green Partnerships for Growth Conference on 22 October 2014.
Cities around the world are increasingly developing green initiatives and searching for sustainable solutions. The Green Partnerships for Growth Conference – started as an outgrowth of the 2009 United Nations Climate Summit in Copenhagen (COP15) – aims to aid in doing so. The conference helps support the building of sustainable energy economies by facilitating the creation of new partnerships and providing opportunities for collaboration.
This year’s event brings together high-level representatives from the public and private sectors in the United States and Denmark. They will discuss how companies and local governments can work together to develop smart cities and encourage sustainable urbanisation by examining:
- climate resilient cities – why and how green solutions are a fundamental part of the answer to climate change and resiliency when planning for the future
- intelligent and flexible energy infrastructure – the challenges of making smart energy cities work
As part of the conference, Jesper will sit on a panel entitled ‘Creating Climate Resilient Cities’, where several topics will be debated, including:
- what is resiliency
- different approaches to resiliency
- working with the private sector
- innovation and resiliency
- resiliency demand versus priorities
The conference will be held in Copenhagen, Denmark at Dansk Industri from 12:30-16:30. A reception the United States’ Ambassador’s Residence will follow starting at 17:00.
Details of conference location
H.C. Andersens Boulevard 18